Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 4-February 10
The Current Affairs Quizzes of the second week of February is prepared following the appointment of a U.S. interior secretary, social security pact between India and Austria, civil lawsuit filed by USAs Government against a credit rating agency and more...
The Current Affairs Quizzes of the second week of February is prepared following the appointment of a U.S. interior secretary, social security pact between India and Austria, civil lawsuit filed by USAs Government against a credit rating agency and more. Solve the quizzes to test your knowledge about the world events.
1. The United States of America in February 2013 filed a civil lawsuit against a credit rating agency alleging that the agency lied about the nations objectivity and independence by the way it rated the mortgage bonds. Name the agency against which the law suit was filed by the nation?
a) Securities and Exchange Commission
b) "Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organizations" (NRSRO)
c) Standard and Poor's (S&P)
d) Moody's Investor Service
Answer: (c) Standard and Poor's (S&P)
2. India and Austria on 5 February 2013 inked a social security pact at Vienna. Which of the below mentioned statements in reference to the pact are true?
i. Indian professionals working in Austria would be exempted from paying the social security contribution of the country, if such payments are already made in India
ii. Indians working in the country on short-term contracts of up to five years are exempted from making social security contribution in Austria if they continue making the payments in India.
iii. If any Indian worker is sent to Austria by an Indian company from a third country then also he can avail the relief.
iv. Export of the benefits of social security would be offered to the Indian worker, who relocates to India once his/her service term in Austria ends. The self employed Indians can also carry on the same benefits on relocation to India
a) Statements ii, iii and iv are true
b) Statements i, ii and iv are true
c) Statements ii and iv are true
d) All the four statements mentioned above are true
Answer: (d) All the four statements mentioned above are true
3. Name the Iranian President, who visited Egypt for the first time after Tehran's 1979 Islamic revolution.
a) Mohammad Khatami
b) Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani
c) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
d) Ali Khamenei
Answer: (c) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
4. Name the port whose operational controlled were transferred in the hands of Chinese Overseas Port Holdings Ltd. by Pakistan in the last week of January 2013.
a) Keti Bandar Port
b) Gwadar port
c) Karachi Port
d) Bin Qasim Port
Answer: (b) Gwadar Port
5. Name the person who was nominated as the U.S. interior secretary for looking after the huge energy reserves as well as the national parks by the US President Barack Obama in February 2013.
a) Sally Jewell
b) Anne Marbury Hutchinson
c) Phillis Wheatley
d) Sarah Josepha Hale
Answer: (a) Sally Jewell