The Quizzes are developed taking into consideration the latest international events and have been compiled in a way that it can allow you to check your preparation for the examinations scheduled in the near future.
1. India dropped itself nine places in the list of 179 countries in the latest World Press Freedom Index 2013, which is the lowest since 2002.India was ranked at which position in context of World Press Freedom Index 2013?
Answer: (d) 140
2. Name the winner of Nobel Prize for literature, 2012 and the movie star who were given a political role in China by being selected as members of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, one of the houses of Chinese parliament.
a) Mo Yan and Jackie Chan
b) Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Jackie Chan
c) Mo Yan and Tony Leung Chiu Wai
d) Zhang Ziyi and Mo Yan
Answer: (a) Mo Yan and Jackie Chan
3. The result of first direct Presidential elections held in Czech Republic was declared on 25 January 2013. Name the person who emerged as the winner in the Presidential Elections of Czech Republic?
a) Karel Schwarzenberg
b) Milos Zeman
c) Vaclav Klaus
d) Petr Necas
Answer: (b) Milos Zeman
4. World cancer day was observed on 4 February 2013 in order to raise awareness about this illness as well as to promote the measures, early detection, prevention and treatment of the disease. What was the theme for World Cancer Day, 2013?
a) Global burden of cancer
b) Cancer - Did you know?
c) Together it is possible
d) Teach children and teenagers to avoid UV exposure by being "sun smart"
Answer: (b) Cancer – Did You Know?
5. A box of books said to be that of Sir Isaac Newton, in the school physics laboratory of UK was discovered in the first week of February 2013. The textbooks are over 300 years old and contain works of Sir Issac Newton who is credited with discovery of gravity. Name the institute where these books were discovered?
a) Newcastle-under-Lyme School, Staffordshire
b) The Royal Institution of Great Britain
c) Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research
d) Silsoe Research Institute
Answer: (a) Newcastle-under-Lyme School, Staffordshire