The Current Affairs quizzes available on jagranjosh.com are designed to suit the requirements of examinations of all types. The team of experts at jagranjosh has tried to provide maximum number of quizzes from the relevant stories of all sections based on current.
Here one can find quizzes on important happenings of the month like SC direction related to advertisement of tobacco products, 21st meeting of the Central Supervisory Board, Poverty Ratio in India, Kole Development Council, policy formulated by Union Ministry of Rural Development, Panel to amend constitution of Egypt and others are covered. Solve the quizzes to test your preparedness.
Corporate and Economic Affairs, Sports, Science and Tech, Environment and Ecology, personalities, awards and others have been created to allow you to test your preparedness for all types of competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Banking, Railways, MBA and others. Solve the set of quizzes, to keep yourself in-line with the preparations and be updated.
1. Afcons Infrastructure signed a memorandum of understanding with which state government of India for setting up 250-crore Rupees fabrication yard for the oil as well as gas platforms?
a) Maharashtra Government
b) Gujarat Government
c) Tamil Nadu Government
d) Karnataka Government
Answer: (b) Gujarat Government
2. The Supreme Court of India on 24 July 2013 slapped contempt notices on two Sahara firms for not complying with its order of refunding around 19000 crore rupees to investors. Which body filed the contempt petition against Sahara firms?
a) The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA)
b) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Aulthority (PFRDA)
c) Forward Markets Commission (FMC)
d) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
Answer: (d) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
3. According to the recent satellite images, deforestation has dropped down by around one-third since 2000 in which rainforests of Africa?
a) Zaïre basin
b) Congo Basin
c) Amazon Rainforest
d) None of these
Answer: (b) Congo Basin
4. INSAT-3D was launched successfully by the European rocket from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guiana on 26 July 2013. What is the purpose of INSAT-3D?
a) To provide technological experience in building and operating a satellite system
b) To provide experience in building and operating a payload experiment three-axis stabilised communication satellite
c) For multipurpose communication: business communication, developmental communication, and mobile communication
d) Meteorological Satellite with advanced weather monitoring payloads
Answer: (d) Meteorological Satellite with advanced weather monitoring payloads
5. Which automobile company became first automaker to participate in Greenhouse Gas Reporting Programme in India on 23 July 2013?
a) Ford Motor Company
b) General Motors
c) Maruti Suzuki
d) Mahindra and Mahindra Limited
Answer: (a) Ford Motor Company