Second week of June witnessed India’s offer of million dollar credit to Myanmmar, hike in defence budget of Pakistan, a bill that stigmatized gay people and banned providing children any information about homosexuality in Russia and more events. Solve the quizzes that follow to have a check on your preparations.
1. India in June 2013 offered _______ million Dollars credit to Myanmar for establishing a Special Economic Zone at Sittwe in Myanmar's Buyer's Credit Scheme under National Export Insurance Account?
Answer: (c) 150
2. The cash strapped new Government of Pakistan on 12 June 2013 announced hike of ___________ percent in its defence budget to 627 billion rupees for the fiscal 2013-14?
Answer: (b) 15
3. The Lower House of the Parliament of Russia on 11 June 2013 approved a bill that stigmatized gay people and banned providing children any information about homosexuality in the country. What is the name of the Lower House of Parliament in Russia?
a) State’s Secretariat
b) National Duma
c) National Secretariat
d) State Duma
Answer: (d) State Duma
4. Ban Ki Moon, the UN Secretary General has asked the UN Security Council (UNSC) to enhance the strength of ___________ from 900 to its authorized strength of 1250 to maintain the peace along Syria-Israel borders in the Golan Heights.
a) United Nation Disengagement Forces
b) United Nation rapid-reaction Forces
c) United Nations World Protection Forces
d) United Nation Protection Forces
Answer: (a) United Nation Disengagement Forces
5. Nuclear Reactors of Areva, the French company will start the production first in China before supplying the production to _____________ in Maharashtra. The French Ambassador to India Francois Richier announced that Areva will facilitate two reactors to China. These reactors are under construction.
Answer: (d) Jaitapur
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.