Third week of June 2013 witnessed several happenings across the globe like celebration of World Music Day, slash of growth forecast for China's economy for 2013 by World Bank, a city with Sikh shrine in Pakistan to be declared as Holy City, US announcement of peace talks with Taliban and more. Solve the quizzes that follow to have a check on your preparedness for the upcoming competitive examinations.
1. World observed the World Refugee Day for the first time in the year?
Answer: (a) 2001
2. World Music Day is celebrated every year on?
a) 21 June, the day of Summer Solstice
b) 22 June, the day of summer solstice
c) 21 December, day of winter Solstice
d) 20 December, day of winter Solstice
Answer: (a) 21 June, the day of Summer Solstice
3. What is the meaning of the word, Fête de la Musique?
a) Music is everywhere
b) World Music Day
c) Music is life
d) Life without Music
Answer: (b) World Music Day
4. World Music Day for the first time was celebrated in the year and in which city?
a) 2001, Paris
b) 1982, Paris
c) 1990, Scotland
d) 1876, New York
Answer: (b) 1982, Paris
5. On which day, the World Refugee Day is observed across the world?
a) 21 June
b) 20 June
c) 23 June
d) 17 June
Answer: (b) 20 June
6. The World Bank in June 2013 slashed its growth forecast for China's economy for 2013 to _________percent from 8.4 percent. In its report, the World Bank stated that the main risk related to China remains the possibility that high investment rates prove unsustainable, provoking a disorderly unwinding and sharp economic slowdown.
a) 7.7 percent
b) 7.2 percent
c) 8.1 percent
d) 6.5 percent
Answer: (a) 7.7 percent
7. The Government of Pakistan in June 2013 decided to declare a Sikh shrine ________ as a holy city. The government will initiate steps for sorting out the issues related to the welfare of the Sikhs, who live at the pilgrimage site.
a) Bal Lilah Nankana Sahib
b) Panja Sahib
c) Patti Sahib
d) Mall Ji Sahib
Answer: (b) Panja Sahib
8. Trail of the seven Pakistanis including Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi LeT Commander, who are the prime accused of the 26/11 Mumbai Terror Attacks in June 2013 was shifted to a new antiterrorism court in ___________from the antiterrorism court in Rawalpindi.
Answer: (d) Islamabad
9. India signed an agreement for loan of __________ million US dollars with World Bank for the National AIDS Control Project (NACP-IV) in New Delhi on 18 June 2013. The Objective of the project is to increase safe behaviors among high risk groups in order to contribute to India’s national goal of reversal of the HIV epidemic by 2017.
Answer: (b) 255
10. When was the Nepal-India Economic Cooperation Programme launched?
11. Name the school with which Indian embassy signed an MoU to help in development of the school building in Nepal.
a) Nepal Higher Secondary School
b) Kapilvastu School for Secondary Education
c) Shree Higher Secondary School
d) Janak Higher Secondary School
Answer: (c) Shree Higher Secondary School
12. United State of America on 18 June 2013 announced that it will held direct peace talks with Taliban. The announcement from US came after Taliban opened its first political office at ______________. The office has been opened to help in ending the 12 years old conflict. To bring the talks in process, US agreed to drop the series of preconditions that have held back the negotiations, previously.
b) Doha, Qatar
Answer: (b) Doha, Qatar
13. Name the body of Afghanistan appointed by Hamid Karzai to negotiate with elements of the Taliban for Afghanistan Peace and Reintegration Program.
a) High Peace Council
b) Peace Council of Afghanistan
c) Afghanistan peace Council
d) The Peace Council for Afghan negotiation
Answer: (a) High Peace Council is a body of the
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.