In this week, India got a observer status in Arctic region, Resolution signing for empowerment of Women and more. Solve the quizzes to test your preparedness for the upcoming examinations.
1. What is the name of the Arctic research station of India?
d) Dakshin Gangotri
Answer: (a) Himadri
2. Name the first Asian country that successfully did navigation in the Arctic Circle?
d) South Korea
Answer: (b) China
3. Name the organization that granted India an observer status in the Arctic Circle?
a) Arctic Union
b) Arctic Council
c) International Council on Arctic Circle
Answer: (b) Arctic Council
4. What impact will the observer status granted to India in Arctic Circle will bring to it?
I. India will get a chance to navigate in the arctic circle freely and also take a step ahead to explore oil and gas in the region
II. The observer status also improved the ties between India and Russia at the same time
III. India will get an opportunity to contribute its scientific expertise in the polar research
IV. None of the above
a) Statement I and III are correct
b) Only Statement I is correct
c) Statement I, II and III are correct
d) Statement IV is correct
Answer: (a) Statement I and III are correct
5. Name the four countries that were granted the observer status in Arctic Circle by Arctic Council in May 2013?
a) India, China, Pakistan, Singapore and South Korea
b) China, Italy, Singapore, North Korea and South Korea
c) Palestine, China, India, Singapore and South Korea
d) India, China, Italy, Singapore and South Korea
Answer: (d) India, China, Italy, Singapore and South Korea
6. Name the place where the meeting of Arctic Council was held to grant India, China, Italy, Singapore and South Korea an observer status in Arctic Circle.
a) Kiruna, Sweden
b) Moscow, Russia
c) New Delhi, India
d) Beijing, Japan
Answer: (a) Kiruna, Sweden
7. The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Anand Sharma during his two day visit to Japan from 17 to 18 May 2013 sought more market access for Indian exporters in sectors like _____________ products in Japan.
a) Agriculture and marine
b) Agriculture, Marine and pharmaceutical
c) Agriculture and pharmaceutical
d) Marine and pharmaceutical
Answer: (b) Agriculture, marine and pharmaceutical
8. Krishna Tirath on 16 May 2013 signed a ___________ Women’s Forum Resolution to empower Women.
a) IBSA Resolution
b) Stop Rape Campaign
c) Bolsa Familia of Brazil
d) None of the above
Answer: (a) IBSA Resolution
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.