Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers May 2013, May 20-May 26
May 2013 witnessed signing of several memorandums, announcement by an agency about slipping of French economy into recession...
May 2013 witnessed signing of several memorandums, announcement by an agency about slipping of French economy into recession, legalization of Gay marriage in a country and ban of a law for women freedom in Afghanistan. Solve the quizzes to test your preparation for the upcoming exams.
1. Iran in May 2013 gave ______________ news agency permission to reopen its Tehran bureau. The work there was suspended in March 2012 over one of its video reports?
d) Federal Agency on Press
Answer: (a) Reuters
2. Preliminary data released from _______________ statistics agency in May 2013 revealed the fact that the French economy has entered a shallow recession after shrinking by 0.2 percent in the first quarter of the year.
a) UK National Statistics
b) Albania Institute of Statistics
c) Bahamas The Department of Statistics
d) INSEE (National Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies)
Answer: (d) INSEE (National Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies)
3. India and Netherlands in May 2013 signed a Memorandum of Understanding on _____________ in the field of Spatial Planning, Water Management, and Mobility Management at Hague, Netherlands during the visit of Kamal Nath, Minister for Urban Development and Parliamentary Affairs.
a) Development Cooperation
b) Planning Cooperation
c) Technical Cooperation
d) None of the above
Answer: (c) Technical Cooperation
4. 14th Round of India–EU BTIA Negotiation Concluded in May 2013 was held at _______?
c) New Delhi
Answer: (c) New Delhi
5. Name the country that legalized Gay Marriage in May 2013?
Answer: (b) France
6. The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in May 2013 declared that it will start the work on world’s biggest hydroelectric __________ dam on Congo River in October 2015?
a) Inga Dam
b) Three Gorges Dam
c) Congo Dam
d) Kiymbi Dam
Answer: (a) Inga Dam
7. The Indian envoy to Colombo Ashok K Kantha in May 2013 announced that Indian companies have invested nearly ________ billion dollars in Sri Lanka, since 2003.
Answer: (b) 1
8. A bilateral meeting between India and Switzerland was concluded in May 2013 at __________? The meeting was held on the sidelines of World Health Assembly.
a) New Delhi
c) Zentrum Paul Klee
Answer: (d) Geneva
9. Afghanistan Parliament on in May 2013 blocked law aimed at strengthening provisions for women's freedom. The Parliament argued that parts of the law _____________?
a) Violated Islamic principles and encouraged disobedience
b) Violated Islamic Principles
c) Encouraged Disobedience
d) Violation of moral code and religious law of Islam
Answer: (a) Violated Islamic principles and encouraged disobedience
10. What is the target that India China wants to achieve in two-way trade by 2015 for the financial year 2014-15?
a) 110 Billion US Dollars
b) 100 Billion US Dollars
c) 90 Billion US Dollars
d) 105 Billion US Dollars
Answer: (b) 100 Billion US Dollars