Current Affairs Recap of the Day: 06 May 2016
The Current Affairs Recap covers the important current affairs like appointment of 23rd Chief of Naval Staff and Insolvency and Bankruptcy Bill 2016 among others.
The Recap of the Day brought out by jagranjosh.com covers important current affairs in bulleted form which would be of immense help in preparations for exams like civil services, SSC, Bank and MBA.
• The senior IPS officer who was appointed the Chief of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security is - Kumar Rajesh Chandra
• He headed the Committee on Yoga Education in Universities which recommended seven programmes for implementation in universities - H.R. Nagendra
• Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu dedicated to the nation a high speed Wi-Fi hotspot at the three Railway Stations namely- Vijayawada, Kachiguda and Raipur
• The three countries that agreed to conduct coordinated sea patrols and establish a hotline to combat piracy and kidnappings are - Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines
• He will assume the charge as the 23rd Chief of the Naval Staff and 21st as an Indian naval chief on 31 May 2016 – Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba
• The fifth off-shore patrol vessels (OPVs) of the Indian Coast Guard that was launched on by Goa-based defence shipyard, Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) - ICGS Shaurya
• He headed the Joint Parliamentary Committee on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill 2016 that was passed by the Lok Sabha on 5 May 2016 - Bhupender Yadav
• A province in Western Canada where a state of emergency was declared due to a massive wildfire that destroyed several of homes is - Alberta
• Indian auhor, Parashar Kulkarni, was conferred with the Commonwealth Short Story Prize for 2016, for the Asia region for his fiction - 'Cow and Company'
• The IPS officer of Delhi Police who was appointed as new Director General (DG) of Tihar - Sudhir Yadav
• Country that is set to print its own version of the US dollar in order to ease a cash shortage in the country - Zimbabwe
• State whose Health Minister announced that the state government would enact State Sports Council Act - Haryana
• As per report a draft legislation proposed by the Narendra Modi government says that those acquiring geospatial imagery of India without permission may end up paying a fine of up to - 100 crore rupees besides a 7-year jail term
• Brazil’s Lower House Speaker who was suspended by Brazil's top court from his mandate, following a request by the country's Attorney General is - Eduardo Cunha
• The President of India conferred the awards to the companies from various sectors for promoting exports during the year 2015-16 - Niryat Shree and Niryat Bandhu Awards
• The Social networking site with which NASSCOM signed a partnership agreement to build a product design initiative in India - Facebook
• The IT Company’s proposal to set up an IT/ITeS special economic zone in Bengaluru was approved by Union government - Infosys
• The caves that were in news in the first week of May 2016 for revealing the India-China Buddhist link- Mogao caves
• The strain of bacteria that was found to inject into mosquitoes to curb the their ability to transmit Zika virus, by the Brazilian researchers is known as – Wolbachia