Jagranjosh.com brings the Current Affairs Recap of the Day to provide the reader a tool to recap and revise the important current affairs of the day in bulleted form. It will be helpful in preparation for competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Bank, MBA and etc.
• President Pranab Mukherjee on 8 March 2016 presented Nari Shakti Puraskar for the year 2015 to - 15 women, 5 organisations, one state and panchayat
• The name of the combat operation launched by Meghalaya police against GNLA (Garo National Liberation Army) militants in the Garo Hills and West Khasi Hills districts - 'Hillstorm 3'
• Rajya Sabha on 8 March 2016 passed Bureau of Indian Standards Bill, 2015 that seeks to replace - Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986
• Theme of the Cycling event of Indian Army that was flagged off on 8 March 2016 from Pangsau Pass on the India-Myanmar border as part of the Assam Rifles 181st raising day celebrations - Cycle to Recycle
• This State on 8 March 2016 announced inclusion of widow marriage under the state government’s Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah Yojana - Madhya Pradesh
• To help Latin America and the Caribbean countries fight against Zika virus, the Board of Governors of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on 8 March 2016 approved - 2.3 million euro initiative
• Under 2.3 million euro initiative, IAEA will transfer a form of pest control technique, that uses ionizing radiation to sterilize male insects mass-produced in special rearing facilities - Sterile Insect Technique (SIT)
• These two UN Agencies jointly launched the Global Programme to Accelerate Action to End Child Marriage - United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), United Nations Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
• Famous music producer George Henry Martin died on 9 March 2016. He was the producer of – The Beatles band
• This bank launched the iWork@Home programme to facilitate its women employees work from home - ICICI Bank
• The CMD of Mahindra & Mahindra Group who was conferred with France’s Knight of the Legion of Honour – Anand Mahindra
• This bank became the first to receive Small Finance Bank license from the Reserve Bank of India - Capital Local Area Bank Ltd
• The scheme launched by the Karnataka Government to provide free treatment to road accident victims for the first 48 hours is- Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana
• The multinational professional services firm that was appointed as the consultant of Indian Railways to discover the advertising potential in trains and stations is - Ernst & Young
• Vivek Jain on 8 March 2016 was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of - CA Media Digital (India) Pvt. Ltd.
• The multilateral military exercise between the Indian Army and Armies of countries from the ASEAN Plus which concluded on in Pune is – FORCE 18
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.