Dalai Lama Inaugurated the International Buddhist Conference in Bihar
The international conference to discuss Buddhism in the 21st century was inaugurated in Bihar on 17 March 2017.
The three-day International Buddhist conference began at Nava Nalanda Mahavihara, Rajgir in Nalanda district of Bihar on 17 March 2017.
The event was jointly inaugurated by the much respected religious leader Dalai Lama and the Union Minister for Tourism and Culture, Mahesh Sharma.
• The inaugural session saw the release of Pali Tripitaka book by Dalai Lama and other dignitaries, who were present at the event.
• Over 1000 delegates from 35 countries including Indonesia, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Singapore will be participating in the three-day event.
• The main topic of the conference is Buddhism in the 21st century.
• The event would witness scholars giving their deliberations on perspective and responses to global challenges and crisis.
• The concluding ceremony, which will be held on 19 March 2017, is expected to see in attendance Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India.
• The conference is an annual event. Last year, it was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.