43 years old Darren Lehmann in the Month of June 2013 has been appointed coach of Australian Cricket team.
He was appointed replacing Mickey Arthur who was sacked two weeks before the Australia Ashes Tour which was set to start on 10 July 2013. South African Mickey Arthur, faced criticism following poor performances and disciplinary issues within the camp. He had coached Australia to 10 wins and six defeats in 19 Test matches.
About Darren Lehmann
• He had played 27 Tests and 117 one-day internationals for Australia between 1996 and 2005.
• He retired from playing for South Australia in 2007, and was appointed as coach of Queensland in May 2011.
• He had also coached Kings XI Punjab in the Indian Premier League 6.
• Lehmann played for Yorkshire in between 1997 to 2006 and was part of the side that won the County Championship in 2001, and captained the county the following season.
• Queensland won the Sheffield Shield as well as two domestic one-day trophies in Lehmann's two years coaching the state.