Deepak Parekh was on 12 January 2015 appointed as a Non-Executive Director and Chairman of BAE Systems India (Services) Private Limited with effect from 1 January 2015.
Presently, Deepak Parekh is the Chairman of Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC).
• In 1978, Parekh joined HDFC Ltd as Deputy General Manager and then went on to become its Chairman in 1993.
• Deepak Parekh was the Non-Executive Chairman of Infrastructure Development Finance Company Ltd (IDFC), an Indian Government enterprise for infrastructure projects in 1997.
• He is also the Non-Executive Chairman of Glaxo India Ltd & Burroughs Wellcome (India) Ltd and on the Board of Castrol India Limited , Hindustan Unilever, Siemens Ltd, Mahindra & Mahindra, Indian Hotels Company and SingTel.
• Parekh is also an advisory board member of AIESEC India and US Engineering consultancy giant, AECOM.
• Parekh was appointed as a member of the BAE Systems’s Independent Advisory Board for India association in 2010.
• Indian Government honoured Parekh’s performance with the Padma Bhushan in 2006.
Who: Deepak Parekh
When: 12 January 2015