Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the captain of Indian cricket team on 7 April 2014 was named as the captain of the ICC World T20 team. The selected team for the ICC World Team includes other Indians like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Ravichandran Ashwin.
The World Team includes four players from India, two from both South Africa and West Indies, and one representative each from Australia, Netherlands and Sri Lanka. Players selected under the list of 2014 ICC World Team of the Tournament
• Rohit Sharma – India
• Stephan Myburgh – Netherlands
• Virat Kohli – India
• J.P. Duminy - South Africa
• Glenn Maxwell – Australia
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni - India – captain
• Darren Sammy - West Indies
• Ravichandran Ashwin – India
• Dale Steyn - South Africa
• Samuel Badree - West Indies
• Lasith Malinga - Sri Lanka
• 12th Player: Krishmar Santokie - West Indies
The team has been selected be a group of experts, mainly depending on the statistics of their performances during the ICC World Twenty20 2014 tournament in Bangladesh.
Chairman of the Selection panel and member of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees – David Boon
Apart from this ICC on the same day also announced the names of the 2014 Women’s Team of the Tournament, with England’s Charlotte Edwards as its captain for second time consecutively. This team in all includes four-representatives from England, two from each Australia and West Indies. The team includes one player each from India, Bangladesh and New Zealand.
When: 7 April 2014