The Direct Tax Dispute Resolution Scheme 2016 came into effect on 1 June 2016. The scheme was incorporated as Chapter X of the Finance Act, 2016.
The declarations under this Scheme may be made on or before the 31 December 2016 in respect of tax arrears & specified tax.
Procedure to file Declaration
• Declarant to file declaration to the designated authority not below the rank of Commissioner in Form-1 to the designated authority and verified in the manner specified therein.
• The designated authority shall within 60 days from the date of receipt of declaration, determine the amount payable by the declarant.
• The declarant shall pay the sum within 30 days of passing such order and furnish a proof of the sum.
• Any amount paid in pursuance of declaration shall not be refundable.
Scheme will not apply in following cases:-
• Cases where prosecution has been initiated before 29.02.2016.
• Search or survey cases where the declaration is in respect of tax arrears
• Cases relating to undisclosed foreign income and assets
• Cases based on information received under DTAA u/s 90 or 90A where the declaration is in respect of tax arrears
• Person notified under Special Courts Act, 1992
• Cases covered under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, Indian Penal Code, Prevention of Corruption Act or Conservation of Foreign Exchange and Prevention of Smuggling Activities Act, 1974
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App