World No. 19 Dominic Thiem on 14 February 2016 defeated Spaniard Nicolas Almagro 7-6 (2), 3-6, 7-6 (4) to win the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Buenos Aires tournament. With the win, Theim claimed his fourth ATP singles title.
Thiem reached the final after beating former No. 1 Rafael Nadal in the semifinals.
About Dominic Thiem
• Dominic Thiem is an Austrian tennis player.
• He first achieved his ATP high ranking of World No. 18 on 10 August 2015.
• He is currently the youngest player in the top 20 and top 30 of the world rankings.
• He won his first career ATP World Tour title in Nice, France, by defeating Argentina's Leonardo Mayer in the final.
About ATP Buenos Aires
• The ATP Buenos Aires is an annual tennis event for male tennis players held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
• The tournament is an ATP World Tour 250 series event.
• It is played on outdoor clay courts at the 5500 capacity Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club, in the Palermo barrio.
• The event includes both a men's singles and a men's doubles tournament.
• Between 1970 and 1989, it was part of the Grand Prix tennis circuit and a Grand Prix Super Series event (1970–71).
• The event was previously known as South American International Championships, South American Open, Copa AT&T and Copa Telmex.
• Rafael Nadal was the winner of 2015 ATP Buenos Aires (Singles).
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App