Indian actor Rekha will be honoured by the upcoming Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) with a Lifetime Achievement Award. The festival will commence on 7 December 2016 and will conclude on 14 December 2016.
Rekha will be honoured for her 40-year career and participation in more than 180 films.
• Indian actor Rekha is acknowledged as one of the finest actresses in Hindi cinema.
• She started her career in 1966 as a child actress in the Telugu film Rangula Ratnam. However, her film debut as a lead happened with the movie Sawan Bhadon.
• She was often panned for her looks and it was not until the mid-to-late 1970s that she got recognition as an actress.
• She has acted in over 180 films in a career spanning over 40 years.
• Apart from mainstream cinema, she also appeared in parallel cinema.
• She has won three Filmfare Awards, two for Best Actress and one for Best Supporting Actress, for her roles in Khubsoorat, Khoon Bhari Maang and Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi respectively.
• Her portrayal of a classical courtesan in Umrao Jaan won her the National Film Award for Best Actress.
• In 2010, she was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
About Dubai International Film Festival
• The Dubai International Film Festival is the leading film festival in the region.
• It was incepted in 2004.
• The festival has served as an influential platform for Arab filmmakers and talent at an international level, by spearheading the cinema movement in the region.
• It is held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President & Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
• It is a not-for-profit cultural event, presented and organised by Dubai Entertainment & Media Organization.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.