Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 9 July 2015 proposed a 10 point initiative named as ‘Dus Kadam: 10 Steps for the Future’ to boost cooperation within the members of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa).
He proposed the initiative while addressing the 7th BRICS summit in Ufa, Russia.
The 10 steps of the proposed Dus Kadam are:
• BRICS Trade Fair (to be held during India's chairmanship in 2016)
• BRICS Railway Research Centre
• Cooperation among Supreme Audit Institutions
• BRICS Digital Initiative
• BRICS Agricultural Research Centre
• BRICS state/Local Government’s Forum
• Cooperation among cities in field of Urbanisation
• BRICS Sports Council and Annual BRICS Sports Meet
• First Major Project of NDB to be in field of Clean Energy
• BRICS Film Festival
India will be hosting the Eighth BRICS Summit in 2016.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 9 July 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.