East Bengal on 24 September 2017 registered a record-extending eighth consecutive Calcutta Football League (CFL) title.
The team held Mohun Bagan to a 2-2 draw in a thrilling match at the Kanchenjunga Stadium in Siliguri, West Bengal.
East Bengal have won all the CFL titles since 2010. They have a total of 39 CFL titles.
About East Bengal F.C.
• East Bengal Football Club is a professional football club, based in Kolkata, West Bengal.
• It currently competes in the I-League, the top tier of Indian football.
• The club has won three National Football League (later named as I-league) titles, eight Federation Cups, and three Indian Super Cups, among others.
• The club has a long-standing rivalry with the other major Kolkata club Mohun Bagan, with whom it competes in the renowned Kolkata derby.
About Calcutta Football League
• Calcutta Football League is the football league system where several football clubs of the Indian city of Kolkata participate.
• It currently consists of seven-tier pyramid system.
• The CFL is conducted by the Indian Football Association (IFA) with 157 mostly Kolkata based clubs and units.
• Started in 1898, this league is regarded as one of the oldest football competitions in the world.
Who: East Bengal
When: 24 September 2017