Get an insight about the economic events of the world by solving these quizzes. These quizzes have been developed taking into consideration the latest economic events to help in keeping up the pace with the competitive world.
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), released its June mid-quarter monetary policy on 17 June 2013.
Consider the following statements:
i) RBI left its key policy, repo rate unchanged at 7.25 percent in line.
ii) Cash reserve ratio (CRR), remained at 4 percent.
iii) Repo is the rate at which banks borrow from the Central bank.
Choose the right option:
a)All i, ii and iii are correct.
b) Only i and ii are correct.
c) Only ii and iii are correct.
d) Only i and iii are correct.
Answer: (a) All i, ii and iii are correct
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), released its June mid-quarter monetary policy on 17 June 2013. RBI is headquartered in___.
a) New Delhi
Answer: (c) Mumbai
3. The British government in the second week of June 2013planned to introduce a new scheme requiring visitors from high risk countries in Africa and Asia, including India and Pakistan, to put up a 4600 US dollars cash bond before entering Britain. Consider the following statements:
i) The bonds, to be introduced from November, will only apply to non-EU migrants.
ii) In 2012, 296000 people from India were granted six-month visas.
Choose the right option:
a) Both i and ii are correct.
b) Only i is correct.
c) Only ii is correct.
d) Neither i nor ii is correct.
Answer: (a) Both i and ii are correct.
4. SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India), the market regulator of India in June 2013 notified guidelines for investment advisers and their associated person and made it compulsory for them to get the requisite certifications for them to operate in stock market. Name the body that will offer certifications for being a investment adviser?
a) Institute of Securities Markets
b) National Institute of Securities Markets
c) National Institute of Securities
d) National Securities Market Institute
Answer: (b) National Institute of Securities Markets
5. As per the official data released on 14 June 2013, the inflation in India that is based on the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) fell to what Percent in percent in May 2013 , which itself is a result of decline in the prices of manufactured items and a slight rise in the prices of food items resulted in the measured fall of inflation?
a) 4.5 Percent
b) 4.6 Percent
c) 4.7 Percent
d) 5.2 Percent
Answer: (c) 4.7 Percent