Economy quizzes are exclusively prepared for different kinds of competitive exams. These quizzes allow the students in getting a better understanding about economy happenings in and around the world. The quizzes allow you to quickly understand the changes of these economy fora.
1. What is the growth percentage of India's food grain production in last nine years as it went up to 259 million tonnes in 2012-13 from 198.36 million tonnes in 2004-05 which is a result of government initiatives like National Food Security Mission, NFSM, and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana?
a) 30 Percent
b) 45 Percent
c) 33 Percent
d) 36 Percent
Answer: (a) 30 Percent
2. As per the World Bank report titled Capital for the Future: Saving and Investment in an Interdependent World released on 3 June 2013 which two countries was forecasted to become the largest investors among various developing nations of the world in the year 2030?
a) India and China
b) India and Brazil
c) China and Brazil
d) India and Japan
Answer: (a) India and China
3. The Union Cabinet of India on 4 June 2013 approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill 2013. What is the major objective behind the approval?
a) To set up a regulator for the real estate sector in the country
b) To protecting home buyers from dishonest builders
c) To hear appeals from orders, decisions or directions of regulator and adjudicating officer by Real Estate Appellate Tribunal.
d) To make all relevant clearances for real estate projects which have to be submitted to the regulator and also displayed on a website before starting construction work.
e) All of these
4. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 4 June 2013 approved the revival of the Nagaland Pulp and Paper Company Limited (NPPC) with the infusion of Huge fund. What was the amount?
a) 309.38 crore Rupees
b) 369.32 Crore Rupees
c) 321.56 Crore Rupees
d) 256. 56 Crore Rupees
Answer: (a) 309.38 crore Rupees
5. The Union Government of India on 5 June 2013 hiked the import duty on gold to what percent from the present 6 percent?
a) 7 Percent
b) 9.5 Percent
c) 8 Percent
d) 7.5 Percent
Answer: (c) 8 Percent
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.