Economy Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers May 2013, May 13-May 19
Economy quizzes are exclusively prepared for different kinds of competitive exams...
Economy quizzes are exclusively prepared for different kinds of competitive exams. These quizzes allow the students in getting a better understanding about economy happenings in and around the world. The quizzes allow you to quickly understand the changes of these economy fora.
1. As per latest Report by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) which country is the largest consumer and producer of Chickpeas in the world?
Answer: (d) India
2. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 9 May 2013 approved the proposal of the Ministry of Shipping for setting up of two major ports in the country. In which Indian state the two ports will be situated?
a) West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh
b) Himachal Pradesh and Goa
c) Tamil Nadu and Kerala
d) Gujarat and Meghalaya
Answer: (a) West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh
3. What Percent of Equity sale was approved by Coal India Limited in an Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) on 10 May 2013?
a) 13 Percent
b) 12 Percent
c) 10 Percent
d) 16 Percent
Answer: (c) 10 Percent
4. By what percentage Retail inflation declined in April 2013 because of reduction in prices of vegetables, edible oil and protein-based items as per the data released on 13 May 2013.
a) 9.39 Percent
b) 10.39 Percent
c) 11.69 Percent
d) 7.39 Percent
Answer: (a) 9.39 Percent
5. By what percent the Indian exports grew in the month of April 2013 and stood at 24.16 billion US Dollar.
a) 1.6 Percent
b) 3.5 Percent
c) 4.3 Percent
d) 6.4 Percent
Answer: (a) 1.6 Percent