Educationist Kireet Joshi died on 14 September 2014. He was 83. He was a former education adviser to the Union government in 1976.
Joshi played an important role in developing and spreading the message of Integral education both in India and abroad.
About Kireet Joshi
• Joshi was a philosopher
• He studied law at the Bombay University
• He was selected for the Indian Administrative Services in 1955 but resigned in 1956
• In 1958, he was appointed as Registrar of Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education of the Ashram at Pondicherry.
• In 1976, he was appointed as education adviser by the then Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi.
• He also served as the chairman of the Indian Council of Philosophical Research.
• He was appointed as special secretary to the Government of India in 1983. He was also the vice-chairman of the UNESCO Institute of Education, Hamburg from 1987 to 1989.
• He was also formally Educational Advisor to the Chief Minister of Gujarat from 2008 to 2010.