Electronics Project Proposal System e-PPS launched by Kapil Sibal
Electronics Project Proposal System (e-PPS) was launched by Kapil Sibal. This system would ease the process of funding the R&D projects.
Union Minister Kapil Sibal on 6 March 2013 launched the Electronics Project Proposal System (e-PPS), developed by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology, through the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) during a round table discussion with Academia, Industry and R&D Organisation. The e-PPS system will initially start as a pilot project.
What is Electronic Project Proposal System (e-PPS)
It is a web based system in form of solution to fund the R&D projects, which will start from online submission of the project proposal for funds and will monitor as well as manage the funded projects.
Processes Supported by the e-PPS System
• Online submission of project proposals
• Evaluation of proposals by experts
• Project recommendations
• Project Monitoring
Impact of the e-PPS System
• It will replace existing manual system of project funding in which the project investigators submit hard copies of R&D proposals, which are presented to a Working Group and based on the recommendations of the Working Group the proposals are further processed
• The system would create a One-Go-Dash-Board to monitor the projects from its initiation to completion
• Will ease the processing time of the proposal and dissemination of the project information