Esther Williams, the Competitive Swimmer and Movie Actress Died at 91
Esther Williams, the competitive swimmer as well as MGM movie actress during 1940s and 50s died on 6 June 2013 in California.
Esther Williams, the competitive swimmer as well as MGM movie actress during 1940s and 50s died on 6 June 2013 in California. She was 91 years of age.
About Esther Williams
• Esther Williams was born on 8 August 1921.
• She set various national and regional swimming records being a part of the Los Angeles Athletic Club swim team.
• She was a swimming champion in freestyle and the breaststroke styles.
• She made various films during 1940s and 50s, which were known as aquamusicals.
• In the year 1962, she retired from her films’ career.
• Some of her films included Andy Hardy's Double Life, Bathing Beauty, Neptune's Daughter and Million Dollar Mermaid.
• She was honoured at the Florida-based International Swimming Hall of Fame in the year 1966.