Facebook on 9 August 2017 launched a new video programming platform 'Watch' for creators and publishers. Watch is expected to compete with Google-owned YouTube.
Watch will be available on mobile, desktop, laptop as well as in TV apps.
Highlights of the Facebook Watch
• Watch is a platform for all creators and publishers to find an audience, build a community of passionate fans, and earn money for their work.
• It is personalized to one in discovering new shows, organized around what your friends and communities are watching.
• Moreover, to help the viewers connect with friends, Watch allows them to see comments while watching the show and also allows them to participate in a dedicated Facebook Group for the show.
• Watch also has a Watchlist to help the viewers to keep up with the shows they follow, so that they never miss out on the latest episodes.
• Viewers will be able to watch shows that engage fans and community, live shows, shows that follow a narrative bend or have a consistent theme and live events that bring communities together.
• Initially, it is introduced to a limited group of people in the United States and will be introduced to more people soon.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider