Fashion designer Manish Arora on 16 February 2016 was awarded with the Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour), France's highest civilian honour.
French Ambassador Francois Richier presented the award to Arora for his renowned and critically-acclaimed contribution to the fashion world.
About Manish Arora
• Manish Arora is an Indian fashion designer based in New Delhi.
• In early 2011, he was appointed creative director of the womens wear collection of the French fashion house Paco Rabanne. However, he left the company in May 2012.
• In 2000, he participated in the first-ever India Fashion Week held in New Delhi and represented India at the Hong Kong Fashion Week.
• In 2004, he was awarded the Best Women's Prêt Designer at the first ever Indian Fashion Awards.
• In May 2005, he participated in the Miami Fashion Week where he was presented with the designer's choice for Best Collection Award.
About National Order of the Legion of Honour
• The National Order of the Legion of Honour (Ordre national de la Légion d'honneur) is a French order established by Napoleon Bonaparte on 19 May 1802.
• The Order is the highest decoration in France and is divided into five degrees of increasing distinction: Chevalier (Knight), Officier (Officer), Commandeur (Commander), Grand Officier (Grand Officer) and Grand'Croix (Grand Cross).
• The order's motto is Honour and Fatherland.
• The Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur is France’s premier award to recognise eminent accomplishments of service to France. It is bestowed on both citizens of France as well as foreigners.
• In the past, personalities such as Pandit Ravi Shankar, Amitabh Bachchan and J.R.D Tata have been honoured with the prestigious award.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 16 February 2016