Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta died
Iconic fashion designer Oscar de la Renta died on 20 October 2014 at Kent, Connecticut.
Iconic fashion designer Oscar de la Renta died on 20 October 2014 at Kent, Connecticut. He was 82.
He died after a 10-year battle with cancer.
About Oscar de la Renta
• Born on 22 July 22 1932 in the Dominican Republic, De la Renta went to Spain to study art at the Academy of San Fernando in Madrid.
• Oscar de la Renta was often described as the sultan of suave.
• He made his name in the 1960s by dressing one of the major fashion icons the First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy.
• He was famous for floral, feminine, classy, elegant designs, flattering silhouettes with full skirts.
• Recently, de la Renta made the wedding dress for human rights lawyer Amal Clooney for her marriage.
• In 1967 and 1968, de la Renta won the Coty Award (the US fashion industry Oscar Award).