Iconic fashion designer Oscar de la Renta died on 20 October 2014 at Kent, Connecticut. He was 82.
He died after a 10-year battle with cancer.
About Oscar de la Renta
• Born on 22 July 22 1932 in the Dominican Republic, De la Renta went to Spain to study art at the Academy of San Fernando in Madrid.
• Oscar de la Renta was often described as the sultan of suave.
• He made his name in the 1960s by dressing one of the major fashion icons the First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy.
• He was famous for floral, feminine, classy, elegant designs, flattering silhouettes with full skirts.
• Recently, de la Renta made the wedding dress for human rights lawyer Amal Clooney for her marriage.
• In 1967 and 1968, de la Renta won the Coty Award (the US fashion industry Oscar Award).