Nagaland is changing, But..., a film on conservation efforts by villagers, on 13 February 2016 won the Golden Beaver Best Film Award in the institutional category at the 6th National Science Film Festival and Competition in Mumbai.
The film also received the technical excellence award for best sound design at the festival, organized by Vigyan Prasar of the Department of Science and Technology.
Renowned film maker M S Sathyu presented the award to the director of the film, Gurmeet Sapal.
About Nagaland is changing, But...
• The film was produced by Nagaland State Forest Department in 2015.
• The film was made with the technical collaboration with TERI, New Delhi.
• The film is about community conservation areas of Nagaland at Sendenyu village in Kohima district and Sukhai village in Zunheboto district.
About National Science Film Festival and Competition
• National Science Film Festival and Competition is organised by Vigyan Prasar, the Indian Department of Science and Technology in collaboration with Jahangirabad Media Institute as a part of the Indian Science Congress 2011.
• The festival is an initiative of Vigyan Prasar and the Government of India to promote science films in India.
• The festival is meant to bring attention towards the need of quality science film making in the country.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Won Golden Beaver Award
When: 13 February 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.