The first BRICS Wellness Workshop concluded on 11 September 2016 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The workshop was inaugurated by Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs Ananth Kumar on 10 September 2016.
Along with the workshop, National Fair on comprehensive Indian Medicine system (AROGYA) was also inaugurated in the city. The four day event is organized by Union Ministry of AYUSH, in collaboration with Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS). The fair will conclude on 13 September 2016.
Key highlights of the BRICS Wellness Workshop
• The Workshop is organized to promote partnerships with BRICS nations.
• It aimed at promoting knowledge sharing and pushing forward AYUSH initiatives in BRICS countries, which will further help in globalization of AYUSH.
• The Workshop was designed to have sessions related to Traditional Systems of Medicine, Trade and Economy, Wellness and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Wellness indicators for BRICS, Wellness and Tourism among others.
• It included a session on WHO strategy for Traditional Medicine.
• On the other hand, the AROGYA fair provides a good exposure for manufacturers/importers of Traditional Medicines/Raw Materials of the BRICS Countries to have firsthand experience of Indian Traditional Medicinal products/manufacturing facilities.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 11 September 2016