To recognise the spirit of the persons with disabilities, first international film festival for the persons with disabilities (IFFPD) will be held in Delhi from 1 December to 3 December 2015.
The announcement with regard to the three-day event was made by Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Lov Verma on 2 November 2015.
The film festival will show case cinemas that open our world to their mind space, and sensitise on issue relating to disabilities.
The three-day-long event will see the screening of 40 films comprising of 10 feature films, 16 short films and 14 documentaries. All these films have been selected from 541 entries from India and abroad. The film festival will conclude on 3 December, which is observed as International day of Persons with Disabilities.
Awards and Prizes at the IFFPD 2015
IFFPD 2015 will felicitate the Best Director and Best Film in each of the 3 categories of Films with cash awards with the First and Second Runner Up receiving trophies and citations from the Department. These will as follows-
Best Film (Feature)
3 lakh rupees+Trophy+Citation
1 Lakh rupees+Trophy+Citation
• Best Film (Documentary) – 2.5 lakh rupees + Trophy + Citation
• Best Film (Short) – 1 lakh rupees + Trophy + Citation
• Best Director (Feature) – 2.5 lakh rupees + Trophy + Citation
• Best Director (Documentary) – 1.5 lakh rupees + Trophy + Citation
• Best Director (Short) – 1 lakh rupees + Trophy + Citation
The First edition of the International Film Festival for Persons with Disabilities will showcase film work in following categories
• Feature Films: Fiction features with a duration of more than 60 minutes.
• Documentary Films: With duration of less than 60 minutes and more than 20 minutes.
• Short Films: With duration of more than 5 minutes and less than 20 minutes.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: To be held