Ex-Chief Justice of India Sarosh Homi Kapadia passed away on 4 January 2016 in Mumbai. He was 68.
Kapadia is survived by wife and a son and a daughter.
About Sarosh Homi Kapadia
• Born on 29 September 1947, Kapadia graduated from Government Law College, Mumbai.
• He was enrolled as an advocate at the Bombay High Court in 1974.
• In 1991, he was elevated to the Bench as an Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court, and in 1993, he was appointed as a Permanent Judge.
• In 2003, he was transferred to the Uttarakhand High Court, where he served a short stint as Chief Justice.
• On 18 December 2003, he was appointed as a judge of the Supreme Court.
• On 12 May 2010, he was sworn in as the 38th Chief Justice of India by the President Pratibha Patil.
• He retired on 29 September 2012.
• During his tenure as CJI, he served as the Chairman of the General Council of the Gujarat National Law University and the Visitor of the National Law School of India University.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 4 January 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.