Former footballer, Babul Phukan died in Guwahati
Babul Phukan, the former footballer of India, died at a hospital in Guwahati after a prolong illness. He is survived by his wife and a minor daughter.
The former footballer of India, Babul Phukan on 14 December 2013 died at a hospital in Guwahati, Assam after a prolong illness. The footballer was of 49 years in age. He is survived by his wife and a minor daughter.
About Babul Phukan
• He represented Assam nine times in the Santosh trophy
• Babul played for Assam sub junior, junior and Santosh Trophy teams on several occasions He has played several, international matches in England, Germany and Italy
• As a member of the SAI team, Babul played against a Russian team in Guwahati and Shillong in 1988
• He represented the Maharana Club, one of the oldest clubs of North East and played for the Mohammedan Sporting Club in 1989
• He was a SBI officer
• He was born at Chakalibhoria village near Panitola in Tinsukia district
"If you have any Question/Point on the above issue, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group"