Retired Gauhati High Court Chief justice Rajkumar Manisana passed away on 8 January 2015 following a brief illness. He was 82.
• Rajkumar Manisana started his career as a lawyer in 1956 and became an advocate on 15 July 1958.
• He was the advocate cum public prosecutor of the Manipur Government from October 1972 to October 1974.
• In November 1979, he was appointed as the Advocate General of Manipur and became a justice of the Gauhati High Court in November 1984.
• Manisana became the Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court on 24 January 1994.
• He was also appointed as the Chairman of the Assam Human Rights Commission in January 2002.