Former President of Pakistan, Gen. Pervez Musharraf Returned Back to Pakistan
The former President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf returned back to Pakistan on 24 March 2013, ending 4 years self-imposed exile. He came back from Dubai, UAE.
The former President of Pakistan, Gen. Pervez Musharraf returned back to Pakistan on 24 March 2013, ending four years self-imposed exile. He declared that he was going back for the political future of Pakistan, despite threats from Pakistani Taliban. He came back to Karachi from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
It is important to note that general elections will be held in Pakistan on 11 May 2013.
About Gen. Pervez Musharraf
• He belonged to the All Pakistan Muslim League party of Pakistan.
• Gen. Pervez Musharraf resigned from the post of President of Pakistan in August 2008 because of threat of impeachment.
• He left Pakistan on 19 April 2009.
• Though the court in Sindh province granted protective bail to him, but he has charges in cases of 2007 assassination of Benazir Bhutto, 2006 death of Nawab Akbar Bugti as well as 2007 sacking of judges.
• The former President of Pakistan, Musharraf ruled in Pakistan from 2001 to 2008.