Former Supreme Court (SC) judge Justice Chandramauli Kumar (CK) Prasad was on 24 November 2014 chosen as the next chairperson of the Press Council of India (PCI).
CK Prasad will succeed Justice Markenday Katju as the Chairman of the PCI. He was selected by a committee headed by Vice-President Hamid Ansari.
Justice Chandramauli Kumar Prasad
• Born on 15 July 1949, Chandramauli Kumar Prasad graduated in Science from Magadh University and did Law from Patna University.
• He was enrolled as an Advocate on 27 November 1973 where he practiced in Civil, Constitutional, Criminal and Service matters at Patna High Court.
• Prasad was appointed as the Additional Advocate General of the State of Bihar in 1993.
• In November 1994, he was elevated as permanent Judge of the Patna High Court and later in the same year he was transferred to Madhya Pradesh High Court.
• He took oath as the Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court on 20 March 2009.
• In February 2010, CK Prasad was elevated as the Judge of Supreme Court of India.
When: 24 November 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Eight-foot bronze statue of World War II Indian pilot Mohinder Singh Pujji unveiled in UK
PV Sindhu won 2014 Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton Title
CERN scientists discovered two subatomic particles belonging to the family of baryon
Book titled Letters for a Nation written by Jawaharlal Nehru & Madhav Khosla