Four Indian Americans were on 4 July 2015 honoured with the 2015 Great Immigrants: The Pride of America award by Carnegie Corporation of New York. These Indian-Americans are among 38 individuals that were honoured for having enlightened the society, culture, and economy.
This year marks the 10th annual immigrant recognition that was established by Andrew Carnegie, the man who came to this country as the son of impoverished immigrants and grew up to one of the greatest contributors to American industry and philanthropy.
• Preet Bharara, United States Attorney, Southern District of New York
• Rakesh Khurana, Professor, Dean, Harvard College
• Madhulika Sikka, Vice President, Executive Editor, Mic
• Abraham Verghese, Physician and Writer
About Carnegie Corporation of New York
• Carnegie Corporation of New York was established by Andrew Carnegie in 1911 to promote the advancement and diffusion of knowledge and understanding.
• Carnegie Corporation of New York salutes the legacy of Andrew Carnegie and other immigrants on every 4 July by presenting the award since 2006.
• The award honours women and men who have become Americans by Choice and have made, and continue to make the nation strong and vibrant.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 4 July 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.