Fourth meeting of India-Mongolia Joint Committee on Cooperation held in New Delhi
The 4th Meeting of the India-Mongolia Joint Committee on Cooperation was held in New Delhi on 21 March 2013.
New Delhi, India: The 4th Meeting of the India-Mongolia Joint Committee on Cooperation was held in New Delhi on 21 March 2013.
The meeting was presided by Minister of State for External Affairs of India E. Ahamed and Luvsannyam Gantumur, Minister for Education and Science of Mongolia. The meeting was conducted to review the broad range of issues related to India-Mongolia relations.
Highlights of the Meeting
• Indian companies were interested in playing a larger role in the Mongolian mineral processing and mining industry, in lieu of that they articulated the hope that a favourable environment for their operations could be created.
• The Indian side restated its support for Mongolia’s development processes and reaffirmed that it is modernizing the Rajiv Gandhi Polytechnic College of Production and Art in Ulaanbaatar.
• The Indian side wants to set up a milk processing plant in Mongolia.
• An Implementation of the Line of Credit of 20 million US Dollars extended by India to Mongolia for setting up an India-Mongolia Joint Information Technology Education and Outsourcing Center in Ulaanbaatar was discussed.
• The Meeting also centered around continuation of joint military exercises, the proposed visit of an Indian business delegation to Mongolia in summer 2013 and the possibility of launching air services between India and Mongolia and the establishment of an India-Mongolia Joint School.
The 5th Meeting of the Joint Committee on Cooperation will be held in Mongolia in 2014.