Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017 to be held in Hyderabad
A high-level delegation from the Government of India and the USA met at NITI Aayog to plan the 2017 Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), which will be held November 28-30 at the Hyderabad.
The eighth annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) 2017 will be held in Hyderabad, India from 28 to 30 November 2017. A high-level delegation from the Government of India and the USA met at NITI Aayog to plan the summit.
The Summit will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Advisor to the POTUS (President of the US) Ivanka Trump, who will lead the US delegation.
The GES is the paramount annual meeting of emerging entrepreneurs, business leaders and investors from around the world. Through mentoring, networking and workshops, the GES allow entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas, secure funding, build partnerships, and create innovative goods and services that will change societies.
This year, the focus will be on women entrepreneurs and the incredible potential women bring to entrepreneurship.
• GES 2017 will generate an environment that will give power to innovators, particularly women, to take their ideas to the next level.
• Women signify tremendous promise for economic growth and success but in both developing and developed countries, also face terrific barriers to building businesses.
• The theme for this year summit is “Women First, Prosperity for All” to celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit in all its strengths and diversity.
• GES 2017 will be graced by over 1600 delegates, including investors and entrepreneurs, CEOs of major knowledge-based industries. The participants will represent 160 countries, almost from every region of the world.
• NITI Aayog on behalf of Government of India is taking the lead in organising this Summit. This summit will be the unique occasion for Indian Startups and Innovators to interact and network with the finest entrepreneurs of the world.
• The agenda of GES 2017 consists of breakout sessions, workshops and master classes. In the Breakout Sessions panelists will argue on key themes, innovative industries, and other aspects of entrepreneurship that are being highlighted in GES 2017.
Difference between Workshops and Master Classes
Workshops invite more hands-on, interactive conversations on a chosen topic between the panelists and the audience.
Master Classes on the other hand are immersive, and typically focus in depth on a certain topic.