Gujarat Government announced Home-Stay scheme for tourists
Gujarat Government announced a Home-Stay scheme for tourists visiting the state.
Gujarat Government announced a Home-Stay scheme for tourists visiting the state. The scheme was announced by State Tourism Minister Saurabh Patel on 20 November 2014.
Residents of Gujarat who are interested can apply for Home-Stay facility and they will need to get police clearance.
About Home–Stay scheme
• Under the scheme, the standards of services offered to tourists will be divided in two classes – Gold and Silver.
• Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited (TCGL) will decide and grant particular category after scrutiny of properties and residents who applied to offer Home-stay facility.
• TCGL will provide short-term training and offer help for marketing.
• Residents registered under Home-Stay facility will continue to pay electricity bill, municipal tax, property tax and water tax at regular domestic rates.
• Home-Stay provider will be permitted to offer maximum 6 rooms and provider no need to pay luxury tax and value added tax.