Gujarat government announced new industrial policy for 2015
Gujarat government announced its new industrial policy for the year 2015 by the Chief Minister Anandiben Patel.
Gujarat government on 1 January 2015 announced its new industrial policy for the year 2015. The policy was announced by the Chief Minister Anandiben Patel.
The industrial policy aims to make the State a global manufacturing hub by playing a pivotal role in realising Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Make in India dream.
Highlights of industrial policy for 2015
• The policy aims to create a business friendly environment and motivate people to start-ups, to start their own businesses instead of merely looking for job opportunities.
• It will provide opportunities to around 60 percent of population between the age group of 15 years and 59 years in Gujarat.
• The policy will focus on key areas like infrastructure development, simplification of labour laws and motivation of new innovations through technology transfer.
• Besides, it will also focus on incentives for youth, women, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and handicapped entrepreneurs.
• It will provide assistance to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) sector as well as assistance for upgrading technology.
• It focuses to reduce pollution by promoting use of clean and green energy as well as setting up zero-effluent discharge plants.
• The policy also provides special incentives to set up new businesses in sectors like garments, apparel, agro and food proccessing.
• It seeks to boost value addition in these existing resources, which will create new jobs and reduce imports as industries like auto components, engineering, drugs, cement and chemicals already have flourished in state.