Gujarat Pipavav Port Limited tied up with NYK Auto Logistics to set up Ro-Ro terminal
Gujarat Pipavav Port Limited on 26 December 2014 tied-up with NYK Auto Logistics (India) Ltd to set up a dedicated Ro-Ro automobile terminal at Pipavav port in Gujarat.
Gujarat Pipavav Port Limited (APM Terminals Pipavav) on 26 December 2014 tied-up with NYK Auto Logistics (India) Ltd to set up a dedicated Roll-on/Roll-off (Ro-Ro) automobile terminal at Pipavav port in Gujarat.
Highlights of the agreement
• Gujarat Pipavav Port sub-leased 85000 square meters of land for 10 years inside its premises to NYK Auto to develop a dedicated common user integrated Ro-Ro terminal.
• The facility will also have a pre-delivery inspection (PDI) unit and a vehicle processing centre (VPC).
• The terminal will be commissioned in mid-2015. It will have an annual designed capacity of 2.50 lakh vehicles.
• Gujarat Pipavav Port will provide all the port and related facilities for ensuring smooth and seamless flow of automobile cargo.
About APM Terminals Pipavav
• Located in Gujarat, APM Terminals Pipavav is the first Public Private Partnership (PPP) port in India.
• APM Terminals Pipavav is part of an integrated Global Terminal Network of 56 ports and 154 inland facilities in 63 countries.
• Port Pipavav is managed and operated by APM Terminals, the ports and terminals company of the maritime giant the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group.
• It has two facilities in India currently- India's largest container terminal, APM Terminals Mumbai in JNPT at Nhava Sheva, Mumbai and Port Pipavav in Gujarat.
NYK Auto Logistics (India) Ltd
NYK Auto Logistics (India) is a part of automotive ocean transportation and logistics major NYK Group of Tokyo. NYK group operates 18 Ro-Ro terminals globally, including seven in China, Thailand and Singapore.