Heena Sidhu became a part of the history by becoming the third Indian pistol shooter to win Gold at the World Cup Final on 10 November 2013 in Munich. In the Women's 10-metre Air Pistol event at the ISSF World Cup final, the 24-year-old shooter defeated World Champion Zorana Arunovic of Serbia to bag her first Gold.
Prior to her, Anjali Bhagwat (2003) and Gagan Narang (2008) have won Gold at the rifle/pistol event in World Cup finals.
The overall results in the Women’s event were as follows:
• 10m air pistol: 1. Heena Sidhu 203.8 (384); 2. Zorana Arunovic (Srb) 198.6 (382); 3. Viktoria Chaika (Blr) 176.8 (381).
• 50m rifle 3-position: 1. Petra Zublasing (Ita) 462.7 (585); 2. Andrea Arsovic (Srb) 457.9 (587); 3. Wu Liuxi (Chn) 446.4 (585); 4. Lajja Gauswami 435.5 (581).
About Heena Sidhu
• Heena Sidhu was born in Ludhiana, Punjab.
• She is an Indian shooter.
• Heena Sidhu along with Annu Raj Singh won the gold medal in women's Pairs 10 metre air pistol at the 2010 Commonwealth Games as well.
• She also won a silver medal in the singles event in the Commonwealth Games.
• In the 2009 Beijing ISSF World Cup tournament, in 10 metre air pistol event, Heena Sidhu won the Silver medal.
• In 2010 Guangzhou Women's 10m Air Pistol Team event, she won Silver medal in the Asian Games.