The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet on 18 September 2017 decided to provide a monthly honorarium of Rs 2500 to 'Jal Rakshaks'.
The qualified Jal Rakshaks with ITI diplomas will be given quota for pump operators and fitters. Those with matric and 12 years of experience will be inducted against the post of Chowkidar and pump attendants.
Around 1000 existing posts of Beldars will be re-designated as Chowkidar and pump attendants.
The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh in Shimla.
Other Important Cabinet Decisions
• The Cabinet decided to increase honorarium of Asha workers to Rs 1000 per month in addition to incentives provided.
• It decided to provide subsidised ration to the inmates of Tibetan Children Villages at Dharamshala.
• It decided to give an annual increment to Primary Assistant Teachers (PAT) on the lines of regular Junior Basic Teachers (JBT).
• Now only women PAT teachers would be eligible for inter-district transfer in case of marriage.
• It approved an annual scholarship of Rs 5000 for girls studying in graduate-level and equivalent courses from Below Poverty Line families under the 'Beti Hai Anmol Yojna'.
• It approved the creation of 50 posts of Medical Officers in Health and Family Welfare Department on contract basis.
• It decided to establish a state-of-the-art Industrial training Institute at Baldhar in Nagrota Bagwan in Kangra district.
• A policy for sponsoring in-service General Duty Officers (GDOs) in health department in difficult, hard and tribal areas of the State was approved by the Cabinet.
• It approved the creation and filling of various posts in various state departments such as Health, Forest Department, Agriculture Department, Panchayati Raj department and Sports Department.
• It gave approval to open new Ayurvedic Health Centre (AHC) at various locations in the state.
When: 18 September 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.