Hindi litterateur Kashinath Singh was on 3 August 2015 chosen for the Uttar Pradesh's highest literary award Bharat Bharti for the year 2014. The award is given by UP Hindi Sansthan every year. It carries a cash prize of 5 lakh rupees.
Singh has penned many novels and short stories. One of his most famous novel is Kashi ka Assi, which captures the vibrant hues of Banaras.
Besides Singh, several other writers were also selected in various categories by a committee set up by Hindi Sansthaan. Some of these prominent awardees were:
• Mridula Garg for Lohia Sahitya category
• Vinod Kumar Shukla for Hindi Gaurav category
• Krishna Bihari Mishra for Mahatama Gandhi Sahitya Samman
• Abhiraj Rajendra Mishra for Deendayal Upadhaya Sahitya Samman
• Ramkrishna Rajput for Avantibai Sahitya Samman
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 3 August 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.