Hope in a Challenged Democracy: An Indian Narrative: Ashwani Kumar
A book titled Hope in a Challenged Democracy: An Indian Narrative was released on 10 April 2017 by former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi.
Vice President of India M. Hamid Ansari received the first copy of the book, which is authored by Ashwini Kumar.
The book goes on to critically analyse the issues of fundamental importance in the framework of the “dignitarian goals of the republic, the role of a ‘living Constitution’, the necessity of equilibrium between executive, legislature and judiciary, the role of media, importance of equitable growth, a responsive justice system and a rising India’s engagement with the world.”
About Ashwani Kumar
• Ashwani Kumar is an Indian politician and attorney.
• He formerly served as Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha representing the state of Punjab.
• He formerly served as the Minister of Law and Justice and Minister of State in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
• At the age of 37, he was appointed one of the youngest Additional Solicitor General of India.
• As a legal counsel, he has argued important cases before the Supreme Court including the Bhopal Gas Tragedy case.
When: 10 April 2017
PM Modi plans to connect with youth through his book to be published later this year
Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature authored by Jairam Ramesh launched
Mitchell’s book, Who Has Seen the Wind, returned to library after 52 years with apology note
India might become an educationally failed nation: Ganesh Devy