How to book Covid Vaccine Appointment on CoWin: Here are 5 simple tips!
The Under45.in website provides a list of Telegram channels that can give the user instant district-wise notifications when there are vacant vaccination slots. All the user has to do is sign up for Telegram and subscribe to the channel for a particular district.
COVID-19 vaccination is open for all above the age of 18 years in India since May 1, 2021. All eligible beneficiaries have to mandatorily register themselves on CoWin portal and book their slots.
The eligible people can also use Aarogya Setu app to access the CoWin portal. While this sounds easy, those aged between 18-45 years have been having a hard time booking their COVID vaccination appointment, as they get booked very fast. Even a month later, it is still a struggle to find a vaccine slot on the CoWin portal.
So, how does a 18+ person book an appointment for vaccination against COVID-19 without spending hours refreshing the CoWin portal? Well, India's tech-savvy youth has come up with few simple tricks and tips to help people book an appointment for COVID-19 vaccination on the CoWin portal.
6 Simple Tips to Book Covid Vaccine Appointment
1. Under45.in: The Under45.in website has been developed by a Chennai-based man. It provides a list of Telegram channels that can give the user instant district-wise notifications when there are vacant vaccination slots. All the user has to do is sign up for Telegram and subscribe to the channel for a particular district.
2. Getjab.in: The platform sends alerts when slots open up through email.
3. Paytm has integrated a vaccine finder in its mobile application, which will notify users once a slot is available.
4. VaccinateMe: The platform was launched by HealthifyMe. It uses CoWIN API to help users find the available vaccination slots. The portal is integrated with relevant filters that customise the search based on the desired pin code, district and age and choice of vaccine.
5. My Government Corona Helpdesk bot also provides information on vaccination centres. However, it does not provide alerts on vaccination slot availability.
6. New WhatsApp Bot: Few youth have begun a WhatsApp bot to track vaccine availability. Through the bot, the user can find out the slots available for any pincode or district.
How does this work?
•Users can send a simple Hi on WhatsApp to- 7903252271.
•The first message will be a welcome message followed by a menu to select the age group. The users can select the appropriate option.
•Then they will be given a choice to search slots by Pincode or by districts.
•Once the user replies with his/ her slots, the bot will send all the available slots.
•If the slots are unavailable, the users can opt for an auto alert and the bot will continuously check for slots on behalf of them and immediately send the message if slots become available.
1. Keep checking and refreshing the CoWin portal.
2. The best time to look for a vaccination slot is reportedly 6 pm to 11 pm.
3. Those lucky in finding a slot must not waste time in booking the slots, as the slots get filled up fast.
4. Being open to travelling for vaccination jab. In case you do not find a vaccination centre within your Pincode or district, check nearby districts to book a slot.
How to register for COVID vaccine in India?
Following are steps to register for COVID vaccine in India:
1. Go to Co-WIN portal by clicking on the link www.cowin.gov.in and selecting the register yourself option.
2. Enter your mobile number and click on Get OTP.
3. Enter OTP and click on Proceed to Verify.
4. Add Beneficiary for Vaccination. You can add maximum four beneficiaries using one mobile number.
Alternate way to register on CoWIN
1. Open the Aarogya Setu App.
2. Click on Vaccination tab or CoWin tab and then go to Vaccination (Login/ Register).
3. Enter your mobile number and click on 'Proceed to verify'.
4. An OTP will be sent to your mobile number, enter the OTP and again click on proceed to verify.
5. Add beneficiaries for vaccination.
India began its third phase of COVID-19 vaccination for all people above 18 years from May 1, 2021. Under this phase, people aged above 18 years have to first register themselves on the CoWin portal and then book a vaccination slot at their preferred vaccination centre.
While registration on the CoWin portal is easy and completed in simple steps such as entering your number and then feeding the OTP, booking an appointment for covid vaccination has become a challenge with a major gap between the demand and supply of the vaccines.