How to correct personal details on CoWIN vaccine certificates? Check out steps here
All vaccinated individuals can correct their personal details on the CoWIN vaccine certificate such as name, birth year and gender through CoWIN portal. The changes will be allowed only once.
You can correct your personal details now on the CoWIN vaccination certificate through very simple steps, as per centre's latest update. The update enables all individuals to correct any inadvertent errors in their personal details printed on the CoWIN vaccination certificate.
The Aarogya Setu app's official handle had tweeted on June 9, 2021 saying, "Now you can make corrections to your name, year of birth and gender on your Cowin vaccination certificates if inadvertent errors have come in. Go to http://cowin.gov.in and Raise an Issue."
Now you can make corrections to your name, year of birth and gender on your Cowin vaccination certificates if inadvertent errors have come in. Go to https://t.co/S3pUoouB6p and Raise an Issue. @mygovindia @CovidIndiaSeva @MoHFW_INDIA @GoI_MeitY @_DigitalIndia #IndiaFightsCorona pic.twitter.com/W32yUGr8Jx— Aarogya Setu (@SetuAarogya) June 8, 2021
How to correct personal details on CoWIN vaccine certificate? Step-by-step details
Step-by-step instructions to correct personal details on CoWIN vaccine certificate:
1. Go to cowin.gov.in
2. Enter your mobile number and click on Get OTP.
3. Enter the 6-digit OTP and click on verify and proceed.
4. Go to Account Details
5. Click on Raise an Issue
6. Select member name
7. Click on the option- Correction in Certificate.
8. Tick the box in front of the personal detail you want to correct and click on continue
What kind of errors can be corrected on the CoWIN vaccination certificate?
All beneficiaries can make corrections to their name, birth year and gender printec on the CoWIN vaccination certificate through CoWIN portal.
Note: You can only request change in any of the two fields out of Name, Birth Year and Gender. The changes will be allowed only once.
Why is CoWIN vaccination certificate important?
• The CoWIN vaccination certificate is a crucial document for domestic and international travel, especially for those who have to go abroad for work, education and other purposes in the coming months. Errors in the certificate might pose an issue during travel and documentation, hence, centre has introduced new feature to edit the certificate and correct the errors.
• The Civil Aviation Ministry is considering to do away with mandatory RT-PCR test for domestic fliers who are fully vaccinated. The centre also recently issued a guideline allowing vaccine certificates to be linked with the passport number of the beneficiaries if needed for international travel. So the vaccine certificate will become all the more important.
• The centre has also decided to reduce the gap between the two doses of Covishield for those who need to travel abroad and the same will soon be facilitated on the Co-Win system.
Vaccination status update on Aarogya Setu App
• People can update their vaccination status on the Aarogya Setu app through the mobile number used for registering on the Co-Win portal.
• Aarogya Setu app is mandatory for domestic travel and even for entry into offices.
• A single blue border with vaccination status and a single tick will appear for those who have got a single dose of the vaccine.
• A 'Blue Shield' with a double tick will appear for those who are fully vaccinated after 14 days of the second dose.
• The double tick will appear after verification of vaccination status from the CoWIN portal.
How to download your COVID Vaccine certificate?
Step-by-step instructions on how to download your COVID Vaccine certificate:
1. Go to cowin.gov.in
2: Click on Sign in/register
3. Enter your registered mobile number
4. Enter the 6-digit OTP received on your registered mobile number
5. You will find Certificate under your name
6. Click on the tab to download your COVID vaccination certificate.
How to download your COVID Vaccine certificate using Aarogya Setu app?
Step-by-step instructions on how to download your COVID Vaccine certificate from Aarogya Setu app:
1. Open Aarogya Setu app
2. Login using your registered mobile number.
3. Go to Co-Win option
4. Select Vaccination certificate option
5. Enter your 13/14-digit Beneficiary Reference ID. (This ID is same as your booking ID, which you must have received through a text after scheduling your appointment. You can also get the ID by logging into the Cowin portal using your registered mobile number. )
6. Then simply download your COVID vaccine certificate.