The ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 started on 12 February 2015 with inaugural ceremonies held in Melbourne, Australia and Christchurch, New Zealand.
During the inaugural ceremony, the Cricket World Cup trophy was unveiled by International Cricket Council chief executive David Richardson saying it was a symbol of the ICC's values of excellence, integrity and inclusion.
Australia and New Zealand are co-hosting 2015 Cricket World Cup that will see 49 matches spread over 43 days.
Opening ceremony of the 11th edition of the ICC World Cup
The 11th edition of the ICC World Cup was officially declared open an event that saw a wonderful mix of culture and traditions of the host nations Australia and New Zealand. The events that marked the start of the great event, some of them events included
• Fireworks that lit the skyline along with fine musical acts from artists
• Captains of the fourteen playing nations were participated with the trophy; ten captains were in Melbourne while the remaining four were present at Christchurch
• The opening ceremony show an impressive puppetry on show with a giant batsman enacting all the key performances from past world cup finals
• Jhoom Bollywood Dance Company represented India at the opening ceremony
• Group of British ballet dancers displayed their performances
• Rhythm of Pakistan performed Jazba Junoon
• A group of Bangladeshi performers wearing the official jersey of their cricket team showcased a dance act
• Traditional Mauri artists displayed an impressive show
The World Cup will see 14 cricketing nations playing against each others to win the cup. The participant teams are India, Australia, New Zealand, England, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Ireland, Scotland and United Arab Emirates.
The first match of the mega event will be played on 14 February 2015, with New Zealand playing against Sri Lanka at Hagley Oval in Christchurch and Australia playing against arch-rivals England at Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne.
India will play against its arch-rivals Pakistan on 15 February 2015 at the Adelaide.
The finals will be played on 29 March 2015 a Melbourne, Australia.
Where: In Australia and New Zealand
When: 12 February 2015