ICICI launched Mera iMobile application for rural customers
The launch of the Mera iMobile is expected to boost the reach of the ICICI in rural areas.
ICICI Bank Ltd., India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets, on 20 March 2017 announced the launch of Mera iMobile application.
Mera iMobile, which is currently available only for retail customers, offers more than 130 services across categories.
Following are the various services offered by the ICICI Mera iMobile application
• Retail Banking Services: Mera iMobile offers more than 100 regular financial and non-financial banking services like fund transfer, recharges, bill payment and general insurance.
• Agri Banking: These are specialised services available under Cards and Loans section where rural banking services like Gold Loan, Tractor Loan, Kisan Credit Card and SHG-Retail are offered.
• Agri Advisory Services: The prominent non-banking services section of Mera iMobile offers rural advisory services of current mandi prices and real-time weather information.
• SMS Banking (Non-Data): This segment offers almost 17 short message service (SMS) based banking and non-banking services like balance enquiry, last 3 transactions, credit card balance, send money, recharges and cheque book services.
• The services under this segment can be availed without internet and logging to the app also is not required.
Following are the unique features of Mera iMobile.
• Mera iMobile can be used with or without internet.
• It’s an independent app and a customer can have both iMobile and Mera iMobile installed on his handset.
• It is available in 11 languages, including Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.
• SMS based services available for rural customers such as balance enquiry, last 3 transactions, send money, credit card payment related services and recharges on Activate Now and Services screen.
• Various farmer and agri loan services like Kisan Credit Card, Gold Loan, Tractor Loans, and Self Help Group loan are offered through this app.
• In addition to the existing iMobile calculators, specialty calculators are available for Gold Loan and Kisan Credit Card in the application.