ICZM project signed with World Bank
Integrated Coastal Zone Management Project was signed with World Bank on 22 July 2010.
Integrated Coastal Zone Management Project was signed with World Bank on 22 July 2010. The amount of IDA Credit is SDR 146.9 million.The project which is expected to be completed by 31 December 2015 hasthe following objectives:
- To assist in building national capacity for the implementation of comprehensive coastal management approach
- To pilot the integrated coastal zone management approach in Project States of Gujarat, Orissa and West Bengal.
The project components are:
- ICZM capacity building and knowledge building.
- Piloting ICZM approaches in Gujarat, Orissa and West Bengal.
- The Preparation of an ICZM plan for Gulf of Kachchh in Gujarat, Coastal stretches of Paradip-Dhamra and Gopalput-Chilika in Orissa, Coasts covering the stretches of Sundarban, Haldia and Digha-Shankarpur in West Bengal.